The hut is open
The hut is guarded from May to October. In winter it is closed.
The hut is located in Alta Val Colla, at 1347m, between the Denti della Vecchia and the Cima di Foiorina.
It is located on the territory of the Patriziato of Sonvico, in Val d'Usin, in a beautiful sunny hollow near Passo Pairolo. It is surrounded by green meadows where during the season you can see peaceful milk cows and hairy Scottish cows grazing. If you take a closer look, you can also see a deer, a hare, a hawk, a redstart, etc..
The flora in this area is extraordinarily rich. It is possible to observe the bear's ear Primrose (Primula auricola), the Pyrenean Hornbill (Horminum pyrenaicum), the Aposeris foetida, the hairy Alpenrose (Rhododendron hirsutum), the Christmas Rose (Helloborus niger), the common Athamanta (Athamanta cretensis), etc.
- Climbing wall for children (can only be used when accompanied by an adult with climbing skills).
- Play area for children.
- Large sun terrace with 80 sitting seats, from which you can enjoy a magnificent view of the Alps (Monte Rosa Massif, Mischabel Massif: Allalinhorn, Alphubel, Matterhorn etc.) and experience breathtaking sunsets.
InfrastructureThe hut, owned by SAT Lugano, is a masonry structure inaugurated in 1937, renovated in 1974-75. It is arranged on two floors:
- First floor: refectory with 50 sitting seats, fireplace and wood stove, kitchen (accessible only to the hut team), hall with storage room for shoes, toilets and shower.
- Second floor: 39 beds: 1 room with 21 places, 2 rooms with 6 places and 3 rooms with 2 places. All beds are bunk beds and are equipped with a sheet, a pillow and a blankit. However, it is obligatory to bring your own sleeping bag (linen sleeping bag).
Guardian and teamThe hut keeper Christine Sertori and her team will welcome you with great pleasure and sympathy.
We offer a simple and local cuisine with hot and cold dishes typical of Ticino: Polenta with stew, Ossibuchi, braised meat, Luganighetta; homemade gnocchi; cold cuts and a wide selection of delicious cheeses.
For the sake of our territory and our customers we use products Km0:
- Our dairy products come from the Alpe Pairolo (from cows) and the Faggio farm (from goats): milk, yogurt, blue cheese "Blu", cheese spread "Büscion", “Formaggino” and soft cheese "Formaggella. Matured cheeses come from different Ticino Alps
- All our meat comes from Switzerland.
On the hottest days we offer rich salads, while on the cool and rainy days a good vegetable soup "minestrone" is never missing.
It is always possible to find vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Please do not forget: For dessert lovers we always have a wide selection of delicious homemade cakes and pies.
It is also important that you inform us about any food allergies or intolerances. Nothing is impossible in our kitchen, we are always happy to find a solution for you.
Dogs are welcome, with a few rules to follow
- On the terrace they must be kept on a leash and are not allowed inside the hut.
- For the night there is a kennel under the veranda or a place at the entrance. Blankets and bowls are available.
- Dogs must be used to sleeping alone.
Please let us know when you make your reservation if you want to come with your four-legged friend.
Reservation: We strongly recommend that you reserve your stay.